Tuesday, September 18, 2007

At First Ave.

I went to a show "tonight". When I bought tickets it was with my then girlfriend at the time. The tickets were for Cartel, with Nightmare of You slated to open with some other band; subject to change.

Well, it changed. Nightmare of You, the band I wanted to see since I first heard them over a year ago wasn't at First Ave for this show. Instead I was treated to some of the most horrible noise to ever pretend to be music. Then Cartel played.

Cartel live is like going through puberty, but without any of the fun parts. Awkward, unsteady, and full of vocal fluctuations. I left before they finished and I only regret that I stayed as long as I did. All in all, my first experience at First Avenue was a disappointment just by the music. The rude staff, and the fact I was there with my ex don't even need to factored in to say that my little bit of fun time was everything but that. Here's to hoping the next show I go to is substantially better.

No comments: